Lotus

Lotus

Tuesday 13 May 2014

BIG Breakfast- at home!

Yesterday morning I woke up and decided that I was going to create my own cafe, in my own home. Well, kind of... I was not about to embark on a full-scale, lone business venture, I was just going to cook my boyfriend breakfast- but you know how much they can eat, I might as well have been opening a cafe!

So often we get caught up in the busyness of life and all of its cyclical routines and forget to appreciate those around us, so I decided that it was time to change, and what better way to do it then with food!



Here is what was on the menu:

Toasted garlic tortilla with melted cheese topped with avocado, chicken and a mayonnaise sauce with dill, spring onion and lemon. Sides of bacon, hash browns, rocket and baby spinach and fried tomato and zucchini in mixed herbs were also served.

Next up was toasted banana bread topped with blueberry and honey yoghurt and some fresh blueberries. 

I spread out the delicious array of food on the kitchen table and then the moment of truth... through the front door I heard a scuffling of feet as my boyfriend stumbled into my house after a late night and a very early morning shift at work... the feet continued scuffling... down the hallway, through the lounge room and finally... into the kitchen! What a surprise he got as we sat down to enjoy a meal together overlooking the sun's morning rays bouncing off the dewy paddocks. Almost as good as any cafe if you ask me and it was enjoyed in the warmth of my own home! 

Even better, it only took me about 15 minutes to cook it all and the happiness it brought to my boyfriend will last much longer than that- mind you the food didn't, he must have been hungry! Overall, it definitely pays to appreciate people around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment